Friendship Video

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

North Campus Nostalgia...

"Here on this seat my body may shrivel up, my skin, my bones, my flesh may dissolve, but my body will not move from this seat until I have attained Enlightenment." - Gautam Buddha
I yearn to be there...the need to have Chai, converse, express, understand and feel is overpowering...J.P. Tea Stall... D-School... The ledge under the tree...F.R.I.E.N.D.S. - Our immortal symposium... Discussions and confessions - family, classes, books, friends, food, teachers, poetry, depression, love, feelings, music, frustrations, dance, movies, home, life... every little thing!
Faculty of Arts... those foggy mornings, beautiful evenings, bright faces, warm smiles... Our classroom... musty with some disarrayed broken benches... large windows overlooking the faculty below... chalk-less classes juxtaposed with the duster-less ones... the microphone...sometimes in a lullaby mood in the most important classes; and at times partially deafening us with its howls and screeches.
The Central Library... dusty, mouldy, moth-eaten books stacked in innumerable shelves... as we open them the sepia tinged pages blotched with ink fall apart... smell intoxicating! Chaucer, Milton, Aristotle, Woolf, Bronte, Eliot, Shelley, Homer, Naipaul, Neruda, Tagore, Conrad, Osborne, Genet,Sappho and others recline together in their timeless, perpetual, phoenix like discourse...
I wish I had time... time to be there forever. Thank you Drishashitesh for painting my memories with the polychromatic shades of sublime exuberance.

No comments:

Post a Comment